Friday 14 May 2010

Words of Wisdom

I realised that we haven't heard from Regina Brett lately, so here's another 3 of her life's lessons.

  • Don't compare your life to others.  You have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
  • Everything can change in the blink of an eye.  But don't worry, God never blinks.

Now, back to what I'm up to.   I haven't been blogging because I've been crafting!   I've actually had some birthdays, and of course, Mothers Day, so I've been quite busy making cards but also, I found myself with some "extra" time (not really, I just didn't do any cleaning!), so I made some gorgeous presents.   I'm thinking of a new angle to my business that may incorporate some of my ideas, but it's early days so I'll get to that another time.

Just to add some colour, here's a picture I made for my nephew's bedroom.   I haven't actually seen his room which was recently redecorated but my sister-in-law sent a pic and I did the best I could.  Let me know what you think.  I love comments!


I've used the Just Jawing stamp set with Night of Navy ink, Certainly Celery & Brocade Blue.   The top hat is made with the square & word window punches.  For the background, I wanted to recreate the quilt cover so I used Kraft cardstock and dropped blobs of watered down reinker from a great height out of my aqua painter.   On reflection, I wish I'd changed the white mount to a black one because it probably would be more dramatic in the frame.  But it's not a bad effort.   Oh, and I've used Build-a-Brads with certainly celery cardstock that I'd stamped with the old Canvas background stamp - sadly no longer available :-((


I'll be back with more in the next day or two.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.