Tuesday 10 November 2009

Cards for the Armed Forces

Our troops in war zones won't be popping down to the shops for a christmas card to send their loved ones this year.   So this evening, I'm holding an event to make cards that we can send over to them so that they will be able to write their families at this special time.   I've already received some cards in the mail made by a fellow demonstrator in Ballina - thanks Trish!  And a number of other demo's are making cards to add to the bundle.   Hopefully, we'll have around 300.  I like to think that a little bit of love will go with them so our troops know that we are thinking of them and hoping that it brings them closer to home emotionally if not physically.    I will put some pics up after the event so that you can see what we did.  Maybe this will become an annual event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.