Wednesday 29 September 2021

A Fun Morning of Craft & Connection - Join Me Online Saturday 2 October at 10am for World Card Making Day

10am - 11am Sydney, Australian Eastern Standard Time
WCMD is a special time of the year when crafters all over the globe celebrate and share the art of card making - while recognising the power that handmade cards with personal messages have to touch lives for good.  This is particularly important at the moment and especially as we strive to stay connected during the pandemic.

But you don't have to be an avid crafter to enjoy the celebration.  I can show you how easy it is to put together a card for that special person (or people!), so please join me online to craft a card and send a little sunshine to someone you love.

Join me on Saturday 2 October, 10am - 11am online via Zoom.

Gather your supplies - keep it simple!  And remember you can substitute with items you have.  The goal is just a simple, handmade card to show someone you care.  
  • Cardstock for the base
  • Coordinating cardstock to make a mat layer to frame your image
  • Ink & Stamps
  • Patterned paper - use wrapping paper, recycle a nice bag etc
  • Embellishments/ribbon - optional.  Think buttons, dried flowers, ribbon scraps - I once cut the ribbon "hanger" things off a t-shirt because it was the perfect colour for a project....hahahahaha!  I'm not joking.  I was on holidays with limited supplies!
  • Paper trimmer/scissors/adhesive
To keep it simple, here's a card sketch to use as a guide. 

And here's a card I made with an interpretation of the sketch.


Of course you can do more, or less.  It's up to you.

So what do you think?  Are you ready?  Can we do it?  I thought we'd have a goal of making 3 cards each in the hour and we'll take a vote at the end to see which card we like best.  The maker will receive the Textures & Frames Photopolymer Stamp Set from the current Sale-A-Bration offering.

Please let me know that you're coming so I can send you the zoom link to join the session.
Email me at kecumming@gmail.com

Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.