Thursday 13 April 2017

Onstage 2017 Swaps

Last weekend I attended our Onstage Local event at Luna Park in Sydney.
I decided 3 days out that I'd do some swaps, so I set about making a quick bookmark using the beautiful Flourish Thinlits, the Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Layering Circles Framelits.


As usual, it was a production line cutting all the pieces to get ready to assemble.


Those flowers took me ages to do because I made black ones for the front, and cut out the coloured ones for the back - 4 flowers per bookmark, 30 bookmarks.  Do the math......and it's 60 times through the Big Shot!  Thank goodness for Harry Potter.  I watched 3 movies!


My top tip for attaching the flowers to the stitched shapes piece: Get an old embellishment pot (like the ones we get with buttons in them) and put a squirt of liquid glue in the bottom.  Then, using a wedge of a sponge with a bulldog clip handle, dip into the glue and dab it onto the back of the flower.  You get just the right amount of glue without any mess.  And while I love my fine-tip glue pen, it would've been way to slow in a production line task like this one.
Finally, I love the way the bright colours work with black.  And the Wink of Stella....Pow!

Finished result, front and back, packaged into bags with my recipe on the back.  Love!

Now, how about what I got in return........here's a sampling......

This is a tealight gift box from my upline Linda Dalke.  So pretty!

This clever creation is by Vanessa Chivers who credits Gosia Mackinnon's original design.
It's a clever use of the Detailed Floral Thinlits die, containing a battery operated tea light.

And doesn't it cast a lovely shadow? Imagine a bunch of these decorating a table for a  party.

A special treat box containing chocolate easter eggs is the creation of Cath Reed.
 Love the topper using the Foxy Friends stamp set.

This One Wild Ride stamp set looks great with the Brick Wall textured embossing folder as the background.  It looks like Tanya's added some ink before running it through the Big Shot becuase it really pops.  By Tanya Kane

Who doesn't love the Stylish Lady in Beautiful You.  A touch of sparkle from the glimmer paper and the Swirly Bird Thinlits takes it up a notch too, don't you think? By Rosie Spezzano

The Lift Me Up stamp set and co-ordinating Up & Away Thinlits has some great layering oppotunities, thanks Anna Wheaton

Love the copper embossing on this card by Nerida Carter.  And how cute is that little bee? 
Scissor charm by Anna Wheaton - a close up is on my facebook page at
www.facebook.com/PaperLadyKarenCumming

What a great way to showcase a monotone design.  I love everything about this card.  All that texture is so pretty.  Thanks Charmaine Andrews
By Genna Gifford.  Love how she's hand drawn the outline around the flowers and the stitching with a Rich Razzleberry marker 
This cute little holder by Fiona Bradley hold two tea bags.  It would be a nice addition to a letter for a friend.  I know, I said letter, not email, right?!
This one layer card is so effective using Timeless Texture and Balloon Adventures stamp sets,
by Deb Krupa 
By Sandra Lill.  You can't see the detail as well on the photo, but Sandra has wet the paper then added Pacific Point ink and sprinkled some rock salt over the top.  It's made a lovely background.

If there's anything there that you like and want more info, message me and I'll try to help out with the supply lists that came with each swap.

Happy stamping!
Karen






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.