Monday 19 August 2013

Mojo Monday 306

I'm racing to get this Mojo challenge finished with only an hour or so left on the clock!  I didn't want to miss it because it's a really nice sketch this week.
As I've been challenging myself to make more male cards I thought I'd turn this into a masculine theme.

 Instead of the scallop bordered circle, I opted for stars placed in a circle shape.  They are made from Whisper White cardstock covered in Washi Tape (Epic Day) and then cut out with the small star punch.  I've attached them with glue dots so they stand up a bit on the edges.

In place of the sketch's flower embellishment I've chosen a retired corduroy button in Basic Grey. It works quite nicely flanked by the Candy Dots - which I love because they're so easy to use and unlike a brad you can attach them after the project is complete - great if you've forgotten to punch holes before you've stuck down your layers..giggle!


The embossing folder I've used is a sneak peek at the upcoming Holiday Catalogue.  This design is going to get a work out because it seems to go with everything, Yay!

Supplies used:
Stamp set - Perfect Punches (R)
Cardstock - Whisper White, Basic Grey, Smoky Slate & Midnight Muse
Paper - Epic Day Designer Series Paper
Washi Tape, Corduroy Button, Candy Dots
Small Star Punch (R), Designer Label Punch & Extra Wide Oval Punch.

Have a super day wherever you are, and try to fit in something crafty!
Cheers
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.