Monday 17 June 2013

Bright Colours with Artistic Etchings

Today's cards were an experiment to see how Artistic Etchings would look in bright colours.  To me, this set has more of a vintage feel, so being out of my comfort zone, I C.A.S.E.D these designs, switching out the colours and designer series papers, and they sure are bright!


This card uses Choc Chip & Daffodil Delight cardstock with the stamping and ribbon in Basic Black.


I've chosen Floral District DSP here so I pulled the colours from that - Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry.  The flower was dyed using So Saffron (not Daff Delight which is in the paper) because it was already mixed in the spritzer with Isocol and I don't like to waste it....giggle.  I also heat embossed the Eiffel Tower with Irridescent Ice.......had to work quickly because Rich Razzleberry is dye ink but it worked out just fine and you can see a bit of sparkle on the real thing.

Happy Monday
Karen







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.