Monday 19 November 2012

Christmas Decorations

If you've had a look at the holiday catalogue this year you'll have seen the ornament on the front cover.  And while I was at Heartfelt with Stampin' Up! recently, I saw lots of variations on this theme, and some very gorgeous creations.

Here's my version of the ornament with a banner.



 
Supplies for the fancy ornament:  Whisper White Cardstock, Silver Glimmer Paper, Real Red Basics DSP for small rosette, Real Red Classic Ink & Lucky Limeade Classic Ink, Bakers Twine, Hot Glue Gun, Ornaments Keepsakes Stamp Set & co-ordinating Framelits for the Big Shot, Snow Flurry Bigz Die, Simply Scored.

 
Supplies for the banner:  Wild Wasabi, Whisper White Cardstock, Silver & Cherry Cobbler Glimmer Paper, Two Tags Die, Snow Flurry Die & Typeset Alphabet (R), Real Red grosgrain ribbon.

Supplies for this simple ornament:  Snow Flurry Bigz Die, Glimmer Paper, Real Red Cardstock and circle punch, then emboss with Petals a Plenty folder.  The rosette was a strip of Real Red Basics DSP scored every half inch on the Simply Scored, folded accordian style and adhered with hot glue.

I am loving working with Glimmer Paper.  It's really easy to use and the glitter doesn't come off all over the place.  Unless of course you are cutting lots of snowflakes with your Big Shot as I did for this project..giggle..but I just wiped it all over my face and clothes so I'm-a-sparkling all over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.