Friday 21 September 2012

Getting Scrappy

While we were still in San Diego, I printed lots of photos with the intention of...well, I don't know what really.  Not sure if I'd intended to scrap book them or just load them into an album.   But I did keep a whole pile of them together and even sorted them into various categories.

Tripping over the box just recently while have a tidy up......I came across the pics and decided to jump in with both feet and have a go at doing a page to show at Darling Stamp & Scrap last week because the theme was chipboard accents & I LOVE chipboard as a page embellishment.


What do you think?

The page is very striking in Daffodil Delight, and the designer series paper in Wild Wasabi & Melon Mambo picked up the colours in the pics rather nicely.    I love the chipboard flower that I covered in Summer Smooches DSP.  That is such a varied pack of paper that you could use it for all sorts of occasions.  The cherries and lime stamps are long retired, and the umbrella was from my stash.  The chipboard letters are SU, but from an old pack of On Board letters.   I used the brush tips of my SU markers in Marina Mist & Melon Mambto to colour them in.   To create some texture I added sand, sticking it on with Tombow liquid glue. 

And you know what makes this page really amazing?   The memories it brings back.  Our friends were visiting from Sydney and we took them for a cocktail in the beach bar overlooking Coronado Beach at the famous Hotel Del.  It was the most perfect day! 

Thanks for looking!
Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.