Wednesday 30 May 2012

Happiest Birthday

Apothecary Art & the Framelits Dies are just two of the lovely products in the current Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue.  I've been playing with them a bit this week and have a few cards to show you.
Here's the first one:

The flowers are coloured using our Stampin' Write markers.  I love the look of the Pool Party blue with the other colours.   I've sponged around the edge of the Lucky Limeade layer to give it some extra definition.   The largest image from Elements of Style was used to stamp on the Pacifc Point card base.



I've used the Edgelits & Adorning Accents embossing folders together on the bottom edge of the card.  This is quite tricky!   It helps if your cutting plates are new - mine aren't and they're very bent so it's a bit of a struggle to keep the Edgelit in place.  I find drafting tape works quite well because it's low tack but you still have to remove it carefully otherwise you may tear your cardstock.  I don't think it matters whether you emboss or cut first.  I've done it both ways and it doesn't seem to make much difference.   However, the embossing folder is sized for a US greeting card (5.5" x 4.25") which means it's about 8mm too short for our card width of 148mm.  Technical, I know, but it's still too damn short!   TIP: cut your cardstock to 140mm or 14cm first, then it's much easier to line up to cut & emboss.

Supplies used:
Stamps: Apothecary Art & Elements of Style
Cardstock:  Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade & Watercolour Paper
Ink:  Pacific Point, Black StazOn, Lucky Limeade Stampin' marker & Pool Party Stampin' marker
Big Shot with Framelits Dies, Edgelits & Adorning Accents embossing folders.

Happy Crafting!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.