Sunday 26 February 2012

Ribbon Flowers

While out there in blog land I stumbled across a post by another SU demo that lead me to this great tutorial by Trina Kuriger on how to make melted ribbon flowers.  Check it out here.  

In an effort to avoid procrastinating i.e. adding the idea to the growing pile of ideas and never actually trying them, I had a go!  Good on me!  




This was my first attempt.  I'm thinking I'll try satin ribbon next time (that's what Trina used). But I wanted to try it with grosgrain because I love Rich Razzleberry. 

One thing I learned;  it's vital that you use Sticky Strip Adhesive Sheets.   Sizzix Big Shot Multi Purpose Adhesive Sheets are not sticky enough to hold the ribbon.  I tried them first and failed :-((
Since I don't have SS adhesive sheets, I punched out the circle with cardstock in Rich Razzleberry and covered it completely with Sticky Strip.  It was a bit tedious, but the end result was the same.

Hope you have a great week!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.