Tuesday 1 November 2011

Finally...

I finally sat down to make a pile of Christmas cards for our armed forces!   I have made others throughout the year, but because it was such a busy time on our special cardmaking day I didn't get to make a big bundle in one go.

I decided to keep it really simple and use some of my stash - something I've been trying to do with other projects as well.  And I'm quite pleased with the results.  Here's some of them:

They look so pretty all grouped together on the table.

The retired DSP on this one was Riding Hood Red.  I loved that pattern.  Isn't the organza ribbon gorgeous?

More retired DSP & stickers from a long gone pack of Accents & Elements.   The buttons were gifted to me by a friend and I think it looks really cute on top of the wreath from Contempo Christmas

I can't remember what this paper was called........thinking......maybe Holiday Harmony?   Or it could have been a Simply Scrappin' kit......Wish Big perhaps?

Another DSP from the same pack as the one above.  I'm thinking it was Wish Big.

How cute is that little bird & the snowflake?   I always overlook those Sizzlits and now they're retired :-((
As much as I like doing cards that have a bit more to them, it's quite satisfying to make really simple ones that you can do quickly.   And it lets the paper speak for itself - which is so easy when it's Stampin' Up! because it's totally gorgeous - retired or not.

Hope you enjoyed the Melbourne Cup today!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.