Monday 31 October 2011

A birthday weekend

Wow!  What a busy weekend.  We were on the go constantly, but what a fab time we had.  It was Lana's birthday on Saturday and I wanted to share the cards that Hayley & I made for her.

Hayley's first:



She's used Fox & Friends for the monkey stamp.  And what a great job of cutting them all out!   I love the colours - inspired by the new Big Top DSP.


Here's mine:



I found the idea for the bear on SCS.  Isn't he cute?  He was easy to make: I used the 1 3/4" circle punch for the body, the 1 1/4" for the head and tummy, 1" for the face, the large circles from the Owl Builder for the paws & ears, and the small circles for the eyes.  I drew the claws, nose & eyes on with a black journalling marker.  The paper is Big Top DSP and I've used it on the flag banner & the present.   I hand cut the little flags because I don't have a punch that I was happy with to get the right shape.   The present was made using the 1 1/4" square punch.  Linen thread attached with brads is ideal for hanging the banner but it was a bit fiddly & I had to punch a hole in the whisper white cardstock first, then tie the bow in the thread and set the middle of it over the hole before pushing the brad through.  I like the stripes embossing folder but did find that it cracks the white cardstock - odd because it's ok on coloured stock.  Who knew?    The stickers for the numbers and word "Bear" were in my stash - how lucky that I had the right colours!

Thanks for looking.   I'll pop back tomorrow with a picture of the cake made by my friend Michelle.

Happy Halloween!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.