Friday 10 June 2011

Casing the IB&C for a gift

Ok, so this is partly a case and partly not.........the ring (Lyn Morrison) and brooch  (Michelle Martin) are both inspired by convention swaps and they made perfect gifts for my 16 year old niece.  I love the colours, although the red in the ring became decidedly pinky tinged when I used a tad too much shimmer paint!  Still, who doesn't like a bit of bling on their ring, right?!  The cute little basket that I packed them into is one I've made numerous times before.   I chose the colour scheme because of the Love Letter DSP on the brooch - so gorgeous.    I think I'll be making a ton of these in every colour so I can wear one every day! 



From an original design by Michelle Martin, http://www.ministamper.com/

From an original design by Lyn Morrison

Colours used are Real Red, Whisper White, Concord Crush & Rich Razzleberry.

The card is from the IB&C page 115.   I tweaked it a bit to suit the occasion but have retained the main elements.  The last section of the card has the scalloped envelope die, perfect for money or a gift card because 16 yr old niece's have a long list of needs that Auntie's and Uncles are not always aware of!

Hope this inspires you to get busy and re-create something you've seen and loved.

Oh, and I should add that I don't have a website or blog info for the talented Lyn Morrison.  but she's a SU  demo so you will be able to find her.

Thanks for stopping by.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.