Saturday 5 March 2011

Gift Bag

I think packaging for gifts is almost as important as the gift itself.  Some people just screw up the wrapping paper and throw it away.  But not me!  And that particularly goes for gift bags.  I love them!  You can also re use them so it's a nice recycling opportunity,  but if something is especially pretty AND it's been handmade, then it makes you feel extra special.  With that in mind, I made this......


I've used the Something Sweet Stamp Set on this bag & I've cheated - it was a card front that I made ages ago but was a perfect finishing touch to the Pink Pirouette DSP.

You may have seen the bag style before, because I've made quite a lot of them.   They are incredibly easy using 2 sheets of 12" x 12" paper and some score lines - there's NO CUTTING involved!   I also like the way the Jumbo Brads make nice supports for the holes that the ribbon handles go through, and if you're lucky enough to have a Crop-a-dile then you'll know how easy that is to do.  (Call me to order one if you haven't got one - you'll wonder how you ever did without it!)  They're only $54.95 and will circle punch through everything from paper & cardstock to chipboard and tin.  You can also easily set eyelets and all sorts of brads without disturbing the peace or hammering your fingers flat!

Have a super weekend
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.