Monday 21 February 2011

Sympathy Cards

These are cards I struggle with - and I don't think I'm on my own here.   Anyway, I played around with a few designs today after casing a card I saw on SCS.  It seems that anything goes and you can find samples in every design and colour.

But for me, I think the best cards are simple ones when it comes to this sad occasion.   And perhaps an understated colour scheme is best too.  Tone on tone works well and you can always add depth by sponging edges to give definition without adding fussy details.

Here's the cased card - mine's a little different to the original but the idea is to get a silhouette against a sunset or early evening sky.    I quite like it.



Then there's the leaves - they are a popular one for sympathy cards and the colours in this card are lovely.   I really like this leaf punch.  It's a nice size, it layers well and I love the shape. 



I also made another card but I couldn't get a good picture so I'll photograph it again and add it tomorrow.

Thanks for looking
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.