Saturday 6 November 2010

Colour Combos

Choosing colour combinations for your projects can be quite challenging.  It sometimes takes ages to decide and it's especially difficult when there's so much choice.   I always find it easier when I'm making something for someone who has a favourite colour, as at least I have a starting point.   SU has a great colour coach which will have even the most stumped crafter find a solution that's pleasing to the eye.   I've just ordered mine!  

Today I played with Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight.  I love yellow, but find it hard to use in my projects and in fact before the colour renovation I hardly ever used Yoyo Yellow which was in the Bright's collection.  It was retired and Daffodil Delight introduced.  I really like the way it works with the softness of Marina Mist and the crisp smooth Whisper White.  I also like the fact that it's available in Designer Series Paper (as are all our colours this time around), and the 1/8" ribbon is just gorgeous.  Thanks Shelli!

So here's a couple of things I did with these colours.   I've used the emboss resist technique on both cards and we'll be doing this in class this month so if you get a chance to come along, you won't be sorry.



Happy Friday!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.