Saturday 30 October 2010

A little bit o bling

My daughter turned 10 yesterday and she's really into the drums so I thought I'd share the card I made for her. 

As I don't have a stamp set with drums...I know I can hardly believe it myself.....I went shopping for one but after searching in vain I settled for some Rock Chic paper and ribbon thinking that I'd have to improvise (pardon the pun).




The base of the drum is the 1/38" square punch in Rich Razzleberry and the drum skin is the small oval punch in watercolour paper - I chose the 270gsm rough because it has a bit of texture so it looks more authentic.  To get the rounded bottom on the drum I placed the oval punch shape over it and trimmed round it first.  Then I stuck the oval to the top of the drum.   I drew the design on with a gel pen and outlined the whole thing with silver Kindy Glitz.  The message is in white Staz On & Basic Black using the Happy Everything stamp set.  I hand wrote the number 10, also in Kindy Glitz on a metal edge tag.  The drum sticks are toothpicks that I chopped the end off because they were too long.   I "painted" the bottom halves with a two way glue pen and then "dipped" them into a glitter pot.  Lana loves drum sticks that are coloured or patterned on one end so I thought this would be a nice touch for her.  "You Rock" is from the Just Jawing set (retired) and the music notes are Kindy Glitz done freehand.

I hope you like it.

Thanks for looking.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.