Saturday 16 October 2010

Frosting

As we're now halfway through October and starting to think about our Christmas cards (well, those of you helping with cards for the troops have been thinking about CC all year!), the frosting technique that we did earlier this year came to mind.

Then, while I was surfing the net, I came across a great idea by a fellow SU demonstrator, Nerida, at Stamping Joy.  Nerida's cards are absolutely lovely and very elegant.  She's taken her cards up a notch since I saw the original "Dasher", but here's my version:



I've used Versamark and gold embossing powder on the swirl from Baroque Motifs.   It's so pretty!  Then I stamped the cute little penguin from Sleigh Full of Toys (retired), embossed him in gold and coloured him with markers.   The greeting is from the same set and after embossing, I mounted it onto Cherry Cobbler cardstock.   The snow is a bit rough (I'll be playing with the technique some more this weekend!) but it's basically a frosting technique:   You mix white embossing powder with glitter in equal parts, then cover the area to be "frosted" with Tombow liquid glue leaving it with some texture.  Sprinkle your embossing powder/glitter mixture on top and heat with the heat tool until it bubbles.  Stop and let the bubbles go down, then heat it again to make sure the glue is dry.  The finished product looks like snow. 

Have a super weekend!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.