Tuesday 7 September 2010

Decorated Candles & Gift Boxes

Hard to believe that the next school hols are only 3 weeks away!   Where does the term go to.  I feel like we were just planning our winter holiday and what do you know, were closer to the spring break already.  I must be getting old.

This school holiday I'm planning to do classes for children from aged 9-18 on both of the Tuesdays (28/9 & 5/10).  I just finished the project samples today so thought I'd share them here.


The box is great because you don't need a template.  Just a piece of 12"x12" cardstock and the right measurements.   I like the fact that you can mix and match the base and lids, then use coordinating products to decorate the candle.   Another advantage of not using a template, apart from not have to trace, enlarge, decrease or cut out anything before you get going, is that you can tailor the box to suit the size of the candle that you have on hand.    I bought these candles at a discount variety store but Ikea, Kmart, Target & BigW have some lovely ones to choose from.

If you're interested, or know someone who might be, the School Holiday class is $30 and includes tuition and all tools & materials.  I'm taking a maximum of 10 per class, so book early!

Happy stamping
Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.