Monday 20 September 2010

Circle Scissor

Here's a card I made for a friend's 50th this past weekend.    He's an avid bike rider and I wanted to use the celebration card we were shown at Convention as the basic idea.  This is what I came up with:


Penny Farthing Card
The wheel on the front is mounted on a couple of punched gold circles over a brad so it spins!



This view shows how it stands up - it's not really leaning on the small back wheel, but it does help it stay up a bit.





The inside was quite plain with just gold and silver stars. 


The envelope had to be extra long so I used the Scor-Pal to plan it out starting with a piece of Whisper White A4 cardstock and the card layed over the top so I could see where to make the score marks, top, bottom, left & right.   Then I folded all my score marks and trimmed off a few bits to get a neat finish.  To fill the gap I used Basic Black & a piece of metallic silver for the top flap.




Supplies:    Cardstock - Basic Black, Metallics Silver & Gold & Whisper White
                  Punches - Large & small star, 1 3/8" circle & 1 1/4" circle & 1/2" circle, Round Tab punch
                  Tools - Circle Scissor Plus, glass mat, paper piercer & mat pack, gold gel pen, dimensionals
                  Accessories - gold brads
Oh, and for the envelope, my trusty Scor-Pal and a corner rounder.  A bit of linen thread was used on the closure with a couple of brads.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.