Tuesday 27 July 2010

Square look

I'm back!   I've been away for a couple of weeks (well, away from the computer), largely because we've had visitors so we've been travelling around playing tourist with them while the school hols were on.  Had a lovely time!   I really enjoy doing things around our own locale and we also managed weekends away in the Hunter Valley & Canberra.  Both of which were thoroughly gorgeous.   Anyway, maybe I'll talk more about that another day.

My reason for posting, is this project:


I was asked to make a card for the girlfriend of a friend.   I got this idea from SCS & just loved the square look.  I guess it appeals to my sense of order!   I tried a colour combo that surprised me - I was told that the young lady in question likes yellow, but couldn't bring myself to use it as a the main colour.  So I teamed it with Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry (2 fav's) and I think the scheme works quite well.  The yellow I chose is So Saffron - another favourite and I've done lots of layers which has the end result of quality because it's so heavy!!

Do you like the numbers?   They're Sticky Cuts, and at the risk of repeating myself, so easy to use.   I've covered them with seed & micro beads which ensures an even finish.    The jewellery tag punch was used to frame the sentiment & I've used the 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" square punches as well.   To soften the Whisper White layers, I stamped a background in So Saffron first, then stamped the flower in Rich Razzleberry before punching out.    I also used a Texture Plate with the Big Shot (you need one of these!) and sponged over the embossed result with the So Saffron.   I like the way it adds texture and dimension at the same time.

Here's another one I made for Mum - if your reading this Mum, don't scroll down any further please!!


 This is also a card I made for my stamping group's July challenge.   The colours are a bit "Christmassy, according to my daughter!   But the challenge was to use retiring colours, and I thought these looked good together.   This time, the main focus is on the chipboard heart and letter.   I used a sheet of super sticky double sided tape (like jac paper) to cover the heart which I then cut out and covered in SuperNova glitter.   The letter is glittered but I used Crystal Effects as the glueing medium because I could be bothered struggling to cut out the shape!!   The stamp set is Priceless.   Inks & Cardstock are Mellow Moss, Ruby Red & Summer Sun.  

Thanks for looking!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.