Tuesday 6 July 2010

Ideas for Hodgepode Hardware

I love using Hodgepodge Hardware but because of the cost they are difficult to use in classes.  I do like to make the most of them in my personal projects though.  Recently I did a bookmark for myself and then made more to give as gifts.
This time I decided to turn one of the frames - like the Designer Label punch - into a piece of jewellery for a young lady who is having a birthday soon.    See what you think below.


I like the look because it's simple and you can change it to suit anyone's style and colour preferences.   I'm certainly no jeweller so working out how to fasten the necklace got my mind whirring.   What I figured out though, is that as long as it's neat and easy to use, it doesn't really matter.  



Supplies used:    Hodgepodge Frame & brads in Styled Silver; Tempting Turquoise ribbon & cardstock; Silver elastic cord; jewellery clasp (my daughter had a spare from a Design class at school); Rub-ons and; Crystal Effects.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.