Saturday 10 April 2010

Boxes in all shapes and sizes

As you know, I like packaging.   I also like fiddling around with measurements to get just the right sized box for a gift I'm giving.  I'm extremely familiar with boxes in inches, as opposed to centimetres, since my love for making these started while we were living in San Diego.  In fact, I still think of everything in terms of whether it works in 12"x12" or 8 1/2" x 11"!

With the help of my Scor-Pal (in centimetres) I'm slowly adapting back to metric - you wouldn't think it would be so hard since I actually grew up with metric in school.   Maybe it is harder to teach an old dog new tricks - even ones they'd already learned!!

However, I still believe that it's easier to make a box with a separate lid when using inches.   BUT, I will not, I repeat, WILL NOT be beaten, so if I'm looking a bit glazed over, it's because I've been thoroughly testing my brain.

The result?   Lots of boxes.

One or two of these were made a while back, but I decided to get them out together because it's good to see how different they all are.    

As I will be doing a class on this in the not too distant future, I'm not posting supplies or instructions. 
Aren't they lovely?  
And as with yesterdays post, another demonstrator perk is access to a wide variety of patterns for boxes, pouches, bags & more.   And let me tell you, once you start, you'll find yourself designing your own in no time.     It's an endless source of entertainment.
Have a super weekend!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.