Thursday 14 January 2010

Sweet!

Here's a card that just kind of happened - you know the ones?  You haven't decided what you want to make, who it's for, which supplies you'll use....and so on.   Well, I decided I wanted to get the Big Shot out - you see, because it's not available here (well, at least until April through SU), I have really let it sit in the studio collecting dust.  Oh yes, I've felt guilty about neglecting this wonderful tool, but it also felt like a reminder of "crafting past" so it's been an emotional obstacle as well.   Anyway, enough postulating (spelling.....ah!).



I started with Pink Pirouette Cardstock (In Colour 09/10), and ran it through the Big Shot with a Texturz plate.  It came out really nicely too!  Then I used the Something Sweet Stamp Set from the Summer Mini and stamped in Perfect Plum Classic Ink.  That's one of my favourite colours of ALL time.  I used Mellow Moss & So Saffron on the jelly beans, and threw in some Pink Pirouette to tie it all together.   There's a Rhinestone Brad in the handle on the lolly machine.  The sentiment is in Perfect Plum again, as is the Designer Series Paper (DSP).  All tied together with White Taffeta Ribbon...and a bit of silver stretchy cord.   I used the Large Oval Punch for the greeting too.  The Whisper White CS is layered onto Mellow Moss CS.

And that brings me to the Stamp Set - Something Sweet #117699 in the Summer Mini.  There's 14 stamps in the set and it's only $44.95!  That's around $3.22 a stamp!!!   What's more, it includes 4 greeting stamps and an array of little thingys to put in the lolly dispenser.  Add the fact that it coordinates with the new 1-3/4" Circle Punch AND the Sweet Treat Cups and you've got an amazingly versatile stamp set.


Sorry the picture quality is a bit off.  I was in a hurry before the battery gave up on the camera.  And yes, that's a tissue stuffed in the box.  I do that to stop the little stamps falling over (they might hurt themselves!)
A cool tip for storing your stamps and not mixing them up, losing them or putting them back in the wrong boxes, is to cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to the same size as the base of the box.  Then stamp all the images and keep it in the box with the set.  That way, you'll always know what's missing - especially handy if you have LOTS of stamp sets and a bad memory for what goes with what.
And that my friends is all for now.  Stamp up a storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.