Monday 21 December 2009

Christmas Thank You's

I love giving little baggies of gift tags as thank you's to my customers.  So here's what I did this year.   Our SU cello bags are great for things like this because you only have to add a bag topper and you have this really cute, professional handmade treat.  These are also great projects for classes and you can turn them out relatively quickly so it's not a drama if you have a  lot to make (and you KNOW how I hate production lining.....that's what Hallmark is for!).
So, I've used a retired hostess set called Deer Friends.  Now I know that's annoying, but you could just as easily substitute an image from Season of Joy, Snow Swirled, Winter Post.....the list goes on.   I've used 3 punches - the Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Circle and 1 1/4" Circle.  I've stamped, coloured, punched and layered them all together, then using the 1/8" hole punch I've made a hole in the top of each tag.    I cut enough silver or gold embroidery thread (you could use ribbon or cord though) to lengths for the number of tags in each bag - I think I made 8 tags because that's the number of stamps in Deer Friends.   Then I wrapped the thread neatly into a loop and popped it in the bag.


The bag topper is from a piece of Real Red card stock cut to size - I do all these according to the bag size, so measure your bag first and take into account what kind of embellishments you want to use.  I've embossed the cardstock using the Big Shot & a Texture Plate (I know, but be patient, you'll have it in a few short months!!).  Then I've rounded the corners, added some ribbon and another punched image, this time from So Many Scallops, sadly also retired, but all the sets I've mentioned would substitute nicely.  Here's a close up -

Because I love giving my projects some dimension, I've stamped the image once in Choc Chip Classic Ink, then again in Real Red Classic Ink, both on Whisper White Cardstock.  I've punched the Real Red snowflake out using the 1" Circle Punch and used a Stampin Dimensional to "pop" it up.  Cute eh?   Leave me a message if you like what you see.  Or if I've been to sketchy with the details and you want more info.   Have a happy day - only 4 more sleeps till the big guy in the red suit arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.